External Funding Unit
Calderdale College’s External Funding Unit aims to support businesses & individuals to grow and achieve by investing in skills. We are one of the providers of European Social Funded training within the UK.
The Funding Unit supports businesses through a variety of channels including funded and part-funded training, offering networking opportunities and helping businesses grow. Our team have a wealth of experience within the funding, education and training sectors and can support you to successfully navigate the funding landscape, ensuring you are getting the most from what's out there.
The Funding Unit has extensive experience in managing European Social Fund projects across the UK and currently manages projects in both the York, North Yorkshire & East Riding and the Tees Valley Local Enterprise Partnership regions. It is part of Calderdale College, the largest provider of further education courses and work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, a Metropolitan Borough in West Yorkshire.
What We've Achieved
- Secured £180 million worth of funding
- Achieved a less than 1% error rating on all compliance visits and audits
- Supported 28,000 employers
- Enabled 130,000 individuals to access training
- Contracted with over 250 delivery partners to deliver high quality training
- Provided best practice events and resources
- Supported pioneering online learning projects