If construction is your calling, lay your career foundations with Calderdale College. Learn how to build houses, roads, bridges and schools; hone your trowel skills; wire an electric board and work with wood. Your learning will span a number of different specialisms to enable you to take advantage of a vast industry full of career opportunities.
And did we mention we have a 96% pass rate for our Construction qualification and our students win regional and national skills competitions? Be one of them!
Are these courses for you?
Consider Construction if:
- You prefer working in a hands-on, physical role, rather than behind a desk
- You are practical by nature
- You’ve got good attention to detail
- You can work as part of a team and are adept at problem-solving
- You can plan a project from start to finish.
Ticked some boxes? Read on…
Why study Construction at Calderdale College
- Our Construction Skills Academy guarantees a work placement with a local employer – so you can learn on the job
- We have state-of-the-art facilities such as our Painting & Decorating Workshop and our new £1m Brickwork Centre to offer you hands-on experience
- You’ll get a nationally recognised qualification. Most careers in construction are accessible with just a Level 2 qualification
- We have strong links with local and national employers to provide you with work experience, apprenticeships and job opportunities
- You’ll learn from enthusiastic tutors who know their trades inside out, and who will share their inside tips for getting a job in the industry