Music & Performing Arts
Rehearse and perform in our on-campus theatre, perfect your moves in our purpose-built dance studio, or record and produce in our ultra-modern recording studio. We’ve designed bespoke facilities and learning techniques that enable you to really hone your craft.
From instrument and theory lessons or composing your own pieces, right through to sound engineering or managing live events, we’ve got the courses to suit you. Dance to your own beat, sing to your own tune!
Are these courses for you?
If you’re interested in any of the following careers as an example, you’ll benefit from a nationally recognised qualification when it comes to gaining employment. Start your journey with Calderdale College.
- Music therapist
- Drama teacher
- Sound engineer
- Recording studio manager
- Events manager.
Why study Music & Performing Arts at Calderdale College
- With 86% of working actors professionally trained, a qualification from us could be the first step in your journey to the stage
- Our specialist Dance Academy gives you all the right moves to enter a career that employs 30,000 people in around 200 UK companies
- We have state-of-the-art facilities including a theatre, dance studio and recording studio
- You’ll be taught by expert tutors who are masters of their craft – and ready to give you industry-relevant skills and training to help you do the same
- Students have the opportunity to perform at College events and external events, such as Calderdale Vision 2024, and Square Chapel
|Music – Level 2||Full-Time|
|Music Technology – Level 3||Full-Time|
|Music Performance – Level 3||Full-Time|
|Performing Arts – Level 3||Full-Time|