Motor Vehicle & Engineering
Whether it’s a career in construction, engineering, transport, manufacturing or even aerospace you’re interested in, we’re here to provide you with everything you need to become an outstanding mechanic or engineer.
Drive your career forward with Calderdale College.
Are these courses for you?
On this course, you will:
- learn the fundamentals of motor vehicle service and repair
- work on real vehicles and engines, rather than look at them in textbooks
- choose from different specialisms like bodywork and paintwork, engine mechanics, panels and fabrication or welding
- develop skills in mechanical and electrical fault-finding
- learn how to diagnose and solve problems related to vehicles
- cut, shape and join metal sheets, plates and pipes
- take apart and rebuild an engine
Why study Motor Vehicle & Engineering at Calderdale College
- You will hone your craft in our bespoke Motivate Centre that replicates a real-life working environment and provides all the technical facilities and up-to-date equipment you need to develop practical skills – even performing mini MOTs
- You will be taught by knowledgeable, experienced, enthusiastic tutors who want to pass on their trade and prep you for the world of work
- We’ve got outstanding links with industry, sourcing work placement opportunities for our students in leading garages and repair centres
- You’ll gain a nationally-recognised qualification that will be favoured by employers. Don’t miss out on future job opportunities without one