- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- The college is very effective in identifying and meeting the skills needs of local employers.
Apprenticeships are a way for individuals to gain valuable skills and knowledge within a job role whilst earning a salary. This is achieved through learning in the workplace and formal off-the job training, with the chance to practice these new skills in a real working environment.
Employers can offer apprenticeships to new entrants or use them to grow talent from within the organisation. They can be used to upskill existing employees and to support with professional or higher skills development. This enables employers to retain their existing expertise, whilst training them in a new skill or area of the business.
Apprenticeships are open to all ages and at any point throughout the year, with the exception of Higher and Degree Level Apprenticeships, which can only be studied aged 18 onwards.
Apprenticeships have become even more cost-effective for employers, with the amount that all non-levy payers need to contribute falling from 10% to 5% since 1st April 2019.
Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. It can enable an organisation to:
- Increase employee satisfaction by having a motivated workforce
- Reduce staff turnover by investing in their training and development
- Reduce recruitment costs by growing talent from within the business
CALDERDALE COLLEGE APPRENTICESHIPS
Calderdale College has been delivering apprenticeships for over 30 years and in the most recent Ofsted inspection was awarded an Outstanding grade for apprenticeships.
Every year we support 100s of employers to fill their vacancies through a rigorous process; screening and matching suitable candidates to minimise the time employers spend on recruitment.
For more information about Apprenticeships and how Rise can help your business click the Enquire Now button. Alternatively call 01422 418 430 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org