Hair & Beauty
The UK hair and beauty industry has doubled in size in just 15 years, so it’s never looked better as a long-term career choice. With barber shops, wellbeing centres, male grooming and alternative beauty therapies all booming, the career opportunities have never been so vast.
Are these courses for you?
To succeed on these courses, you’ll:
- love being creative and recognise the holistic benefits of self-care
- be passionate about giving customers amazing experiences
- be a natural people person
- have good attention to detail
- be physically fit – a lot of roles require being on your feet for long periods of time
- want to join a thriving industry full of great job opportunities
Why study Hair & Beauty at Calderdale College
- We have the modern ‘Full Works Salon’ on campus to enhance your learning with us. It’s run and used by students and staff, giving you the chance to experience a working salon before you enter the real working world. Practise up-to-the-minute haircuts, hair colours and beauty treatments.
- Our learning programmes are packed with variety, so no working day is ever the same.
- You’ll be able to tap into our wide network of industry contacts, helping you to secure employment after college.
- We have specialist staff and supporters who have worked in every sector of the industry – from film sets to cruise ships, to luxury spas. Learn from top stylists and therapists, who can help you become a future star of the industry.