Generic filters

Applications now open for new T Levels qualification

Calderdale College has officially opened applications for its new T Level qualification, the first of its kind in Calderdale.

T Levels are equivalent to three A Levels and have been developed by the Government in collaboration with employers to better prepare students for the world of work. Calderdale College has been selected to deliver the second wave of T Levels, with four new courses in Digital and Health starting from September 2021.

Successful applicants will be among the first in the country to study these exciting new courses, which will combine classroom theory with practical learning and an industry placement, helping students build the knowledge and skills required in industry.

Students will spend 80 per cent of their time in the classroom learning the skills essential skills required by employers, and the other 20 per cent in industry, putting these skills into action.

The courses have the potential to open doors for students to highly skilled employment, a higher apprenticeship or university, and can lead to careers such as Games Development and Cyber Security or Optical Care Services, Midwifery and Therapy.

Sonia Stirling, Vice Principal – Curriculum, said: “T Levels will make a huge difference to our local community, forging links between students and industry, and giving employers the confidence that there are skilled individuals within the region to fill their roles.

“With these four new courses, students will benefit from spending a significant amount of their course within industry, giving them a chance to experience a real working environment alongside their studies.

“As the first provider in Calderdale to offer T Levels, we look forward to helping to transform the Further Education offer for both students and employers within Calderdale.”

Students can apply for the new T Level courses via Calderdale College’s website. Once registered, they will be invited to an interview, with only a select number of students chosen to enrol.

Students interested in studying a T Level in Digital or Health at Calderdale College can apply now for September 2021 at

We may look a little different!

You might have noticed we recently made some changes to the look of our website but don’t worry you can still find all the courses and information you need!

Here are some quick links below