Would you like to secure a scholarship at FC Halifax Town? We are delighted to announce that the next FC Halifax Town youth team trial and Calderdale College open evening will be taking place on Friday 30th November, 6pm-8pm.
The open evening will provide the opportunity to find out further information about our youth team scholarship, ask questions, meet staff and see our facilities and trial for the team; equipment will be required for training on grass and 3G.
If you would be interested in finding out further information or wish to attend the open evening contact; email@example.com Successful players will be given a two-year scholarship with FC Halifax Town and will combine studying towards a BTEC Level 1, 2 or 3 Diploma in Sport with full time professional football training. Players will also have the opportunity to compete in the National League Youth Alliance, U21 league and the prestigious FA Youth Cup.
The programme includes:
1. Technical/tactical training: 8-10 hours of weekly training delivered by a team of 4 coaches all qualified to UEFA B or above.
2. Strength & conditioning: 4 hours of weekly training aimed at developing specific aspects of player movement and physical performance.
3. Speed training: a weekly bespoke speed session.
4. Competition: participation in the FA Youth Cup and the National League Youth Alliance.
5. Facilities, medical support and staffing: we operate in a professional environment with excellent facilities and highly qualified staff dedicated to giving scholars every chance to succeed.
6. Education: 12 hours of theoretical study following the BTEC Sport qualification.
There are many benefits and pathways leading on from success on our programme. Our ultimate ambition is to create a programme that will give young players the best possible chance of progressing towards our first team. In addition, our Academy offers a fully recognised qualification for UCAS applications and gives an insight into the football and sports industry providing the opportunity to enhance skills and career potential.
As a club we have growing reputation for developing talented players and assisting their progress into the Premiership and Football Leagues’ with players such as Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Lee Gregory (Millwall) and more recently Mark Roberts and Shaun Tuton (Barnsley). The success of our own youth programme has been emphasised when a number of youth team players offered first year professional contracts with the senior squad and excellent progress in the FA Youth Cup.