- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- “Teachers ensure that learners make good progress in developing their vocational skills and gain good levels of knowledge and understanding in practical subjects.”
All learners are entitled to impartial careers advice from the College’s Information, Advice & Guidance Service. We are passionate about supporting you to achieve your aspirations and helping you to reach your goals and ambitions in education, a new career; progression to other courses or to University, promotion at work or personal and professional development.
ADVICE & GUIDANCE TEAM
The Advice and guidance team provide:
- Information advice and guidance about planning and choosing your career
- Information advice and guidance about courses and learning
- Information advice and guidance about finding employment
The advice and guidance team offer a range of specialist support which includes:
- Finding education, training and progression opportunities that are appropriate for you and your personal circumstances
- Help to understand employability skills and the labour market
- Developing your CV and Job searching skills
- Advice and signposting to other professional organisations that can help you.
CALDERDALE COLLEGE CAREERS PROGRAMME
Calderdale College have a careers programme to offer support and embed guidance into the curriculum offer.
Named Careers Leader: Natalie Smith – Manager of Learner Services and Admissions
Contact: 01422399367 ext: 615
Click here to read our current Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Policy.
There is an external careers adviser from C&K Careers working in college on A floor in the Learner Services Advice and Guidance centre:
Elaine Walker – 16-18 Careers Adviser
Elaine offers careers education, information, advice and guidance and are a part of the Student Services based on A floor). Elaine is available for appointments, three days a week.
Please call 01422 357 357 on extension 9316 or email Elaine.
See our FAQs for more information.