Engineering and manufacturing apprenticeships
THE ENGINEERING CENTRE
Developing a skilled workforce for the future of Engineering and Manufacturing…
How can apprenticeships benefit your business?
Employers can now take advantage of a suite of new engineering apprenticeship standards, including:
- Level 2 Engineering Operative
- Level 3 Engineering Technician
- Level 2 General Welder
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Level 2 Supply Chain Operative
- Level 3 Installation Electrician and Maintenance Electrician
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle and Maintenance Technician
Apprentices are an effective way to grow talent and developed a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
There is funding support from the government for employers when recruiting an apprentice or using an apprenticeship to upskill your current workforce.
Why The Engineering Centre?
The Engineering sector currently has a massive skills shortage and needs to employ approximately 186,000 skilled people for the next 3 years to try and catch up! The Engineering Centre is on a mission to play its part and try and fill that shortage for our local and surrounding communities and to be able to offer high quality employer lead Apprenticeships.
Our facilities are of the highest standard and sit perfectly alongside the facilities you will find in the workplace. We have a custom built welding and fabrication area with individual booths, a garage workshop with all the latest diagnostic equipment and ramps to carry out light vehicle maintenance, a huge open space dedicated to Milling and Turning with several of each machines as well as an Electrical workshop with individual bays and a hand fitting area for foundation or engineering techniques to take place.
Why choose an apprentice?
Why is an apprentice right for your business? Here are some benefits of hiring an engineering and manufacturing apprentice at The Engineering Centre, Calderdale College:
- Funding support available
- Upskill your current workforce
- Gain a new team member who is training specifically for your company
- Apprentices will learn in a state-of-the-art facility with access to custom built welding & fabrication areas, a garage workshop and a huge open space dedicated to Milling and Turning
- Brighouse based centre with great links to the motorway and public transport
- Support from specialist and industry focused tutors throughout the course
- A mixture of on the job training and skills development at The Engineering Centre
Calderdale College is proud to be working in partnership with West Yorkshire Manufacturing Services to provide our outstanding Engineering and Manufacturing courses and apprenticeships at our Brighouse campus, The Engineering Centre.
Our specialist centre is based at Kirkdale House, Armytage Road, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 1QF – just off the M62 and easily accessible by various bus routes.
However, we still offer courses at our Halifax campus!
And Don't Just Take Our Word For It...
We engage with over 3000 employers and 4500 students, providing career progressing skills.
Follow the links below to see our case studies and other resources.