- We are rated Good for FE and Outstanding in our Apprenticeships.
- Staff are highly qualified and experienced, and use their skills well to motivate their learners and apprentices.
- “Learners gain confidence and improve the social interaction and communication skills that will support them well in their future lives.”
- The college is very effective in identifying and meeting the skills needs of local employers.
SKILLS AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Calderdale College provides a comprehensive skills planning service that helps employers to identify skills gaps and skills development needs linked to their business growth plans/objectives.
In turn this will:
- Identify training provision to meet the needs of employers.
- Package a suite of skills and workforce development support including commercial training delivery (funded and non -funded) and wider College programmes such as Apprenticeships, Industry Placements, Work Experience and core delivery.
- Source training provision for employer’s via Calderdale Colleges expert tutors and specialist associates.
- Where applicable utilises funding to provide financial support and ‘hand hold’ employers through the process of making and securing an application for funding.
Once an application for funding is approved, Calderdale College contracted directly with employers, supporting and ‘hand holding’ them to undertake training and provide evidence to maximise contract, with little disruption to the day to day activities of the business.