Creative Digital Media – Level 1
NCFE Level 1 Award and Certificate
Entry Requirements: 4 GCSEs at Grades G/Grade 1 or above.
This course is a general introduction to the exciting creative industries. On the course you will participate in a wide range of workshops and projects across Art and Design and Graphic Design Pathways. You will complete projects using techniques such as Photography, 3D art, Mixed Media, Animation and Graphics.
This course allows you the opportunity to meet and work with artists and designers and gain and understanding of the types of jobs available in the industry.
Courses and Units covered:
L1 CACHE/NCFE in Art and Design Certificate
- Experiment with Art and Design techniques
- Complete a final Art and Design project
- Create Art and Design work using 2D
- Create Art and Design work using digital media.
L1 CACHE/NCFE in Graphic Design Award
- Explore Graphic Process and Materials
- Explore Sources of ideas in Graphic Design Context
- Explore and develop Graphic Design ideas
- Produce and present final Graphic outcomes.
During the year you will complete projects which will build a visual portfolio, participate in the annual fashion show and be involved in a final year exhibition.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
This introductory course is suitable for beginners. School leavers should aim for at least 4 GCSEs at Grades G/Grade 1 or above.
Interview with specialist tutor where candidates will be requires to show a portfolio of work and display their enthusiasm and commitment to the course.