Beauty Therapy – Level 1 Diploma
Can you think of a better job than this… as you are working, you are cruising in the Caribbean or working on set of the latest Blockbuster movie?
Entry Requirements: 4 GCSE’s at grade G/grade 1 or above
You could be your own boss at 20! All this is possible if you train to work in any of the hair and beauty sectors and qualify from Level 1 to Level 3. Level 1 Beauty Therapy can be the first step to achieving this.
This qualification will give you the necessary skills and confidence as the course is exciting and creative and will give you a real taste of the industry. You will have the opportunity to engage in community work and work related activities during your course by having the chance to experience work in our real Full Works Salon at the college.
The areas you study will include:
- Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector – Career opportunities and services within the industry
- Presenting a Professional Image in a Salon – how to present yourself, communicate and behave in a professional environment
- Salon Reception Duties – Receiving clients, checking appointments, seating clients, taking care of clients’ belongings, giving services at reception – beverages, magazines, promoting the sale of products, services and treatments
- Provide Basic Manicure & Pedicure Treatments – File, soften cuticles, provide superficial foot and lower leg massage and superficial hand and arm massage and use varnish
- Nail Art Application – carry out a basic nail art technique adapting the 2D nail art.
- Themed Face Painting – 2D themed face painting including party and glitter work
- Basic Make-up Application – day make-up, preparing the skin and applying day make-up
- Skin Care – prepare the skin using cleansers, toners and moisturisers
Learn through innovative methods including demonstrations, video podcasting and Moodle. You will be inspired by attending trade fairs and watching people from industry showing you their skills and what you can achieve.
You will be set SMART targets for each term on the units you are working towards. These will be reviewed and your progress monitored.
Home study such as revision, research and completion of assignments will be expected.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
At least 4 GCSE’s at grade G or grade 1. We will consider applications from mature learners without the necessary entry requirements.
You will be invited to an an interview with the specialist tutor where you will need to demonstrate creative flair and good communication skills.
All applicants will be required to attend a Pre-Induction Day where dexterity, literacy and numeracy will be assessed.