Beauty Therapy – Level 2
Do you enjoy helping people look and feel great? This course is for anyone who has a passion for make-up and beauty and wants a career in the industry whether that be owning their own salon or working on a cruise ship.
Entry Requirements: Beauty Therapy Level 1 or 4 GCSEs at grade D/grade 3 or above to include Maths and English
During the course you will learn, practice and perform on paying clients, a variety of treatments, providing you with the necessary skills for the world of work.
During the year, you will participate in providing treatments for ‘Days of Beauty’ and all learners will have the opportunity to engage in one week’s work experience in the industry (Salons or Spa’s).
All learners will be encouraged to use their own initiative and work more independently, whilst building their confidence and communication skills. All learners will work to industry standards and complete Functional Skills dependent or GCSE Maths and English based on the grades you have achieved.
Units Covered are:
- Manicure & Pedicure – apply all types of hand and feet treatments as well as provide 2 types of nail finish.
- Nail Art
- Eye Brows and Lashes – types of eyebrow shaping, tinting eyebrows and lashes and applying 2 types of artificial lashes
- Waxing – you will learn and carry out different waxing techniques and use various types of waxing products on the appropriate parts of the body
- Make-Up – identifying all skin types and applying make-up for various occasions to all client groups
- Facials – you will learn how to treat different skin conditions, use various massage techniques, identify and use facial products and equipment, apply mask treatments and provide advice
Teaching methods include: Lectures, practical activities, projects and assignments, educational visits, external speakers, career events and work placement.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
Students must possess NVQ 1 Beauty Therapy or 4 GCSEs at grade D or grade 3 or above to include Maths and English.
Adult learners with no formal qualifications will be considered following the outcome of an interview.
Applicants will be interviewed and asked to complete short written and dexterity assessments.
Applicants will be expected to find a work placement for one day a week and two separate block weeks during the course.