VRQ Hairdressing – Level 2
A perfect step-up from the Level 1 Hairdressing VRQ or the Introductory to Hairdressing & Barbering course.
The course is taught 2 days a week over a 36 week period (for 19+), 16-18s will attend at least 16 hours per week plus maths and English if not already achieved a GCSE grade C/4 or above
Entry Requirements: Level 1 Hairdressing or 4 GCSEs at grade D/grade 3 or above to include Maths and English
This course is designed for those who wish to learn the art of hairdressing and discover how to recreate styles seen on the catwalk and on your favourite celebrities. You will create an image based on a theme of your choice.
During the course you will learn, practice and perform on paying clients, a variety of treatments. All learners will be encouraged to use their own initiative and work more independently, whilst building their confidence and communication skills.
All learners will work to industry standards. And you will have the opportunity to engage in one week’s work experience in industry.
Students aged 16 – 18 will complete Functional Skills dependent on your GCSE grades and take part in work related activity.
- Shampoo & Condition Hair – apply all types of shampoo and conditioning products, suing various massage techniques
- Style & Finish – working on different hair lengths you will use various tools and blow drying techniques to straighten and smooth the hair, create volume and curl
- Change Hair Colour – you will learn to apply a re-growth and full head application of permanent colour and application of woven highlights
- Set & Dress Hair – use various types of setting and dressing techniques to create rolled effects, smooth effects and curled effects
- Cut Hair Using Basic Techniques – one length, layered and graduated cuts, including scissor over comb
Learn through innovative methods including demonstrations, video, podcasting and Moodle.
You will be inspired by attending Trade Fairs and watching people from industry showing you their skills and what you can achieve.
You will be set targets for each term on the units you are working towards. These will be reviewed and your progress monitored.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
Applicants must possess Level 1 Hairdressing or 4 GCSEs at grade D/grade 3 or above to include Maths and English.
All will be invited to attend an admissions event which will assess dexterity, literacy and numeracy and you will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and good communication skills.