Digital Skills, Media & Computing
Discover our wide range of courses that give you the qualifications to succeed, whether you want to be a software developer, IT support worker, social media manager or film maker – nothing is off bounds.
And the best bit? You’ll be taught from our brand new £1.7m DigiHub which includes facilities such as a Mac suite, Green Screen room, Photography Studio, Cinema & Exhibition room, Computer Lab and Recording Studio.
Are these courses for you?
To secure your place on a number of the popular courses within this group you will:
- want to pursue a brilliant career with great earnings, long-term security and plenty of choice
- be up for mastering the basics of computer system support, right through to game design and programming, social media and data analysis. There’s a specialism and skill level to suit everyone
- be a natural when it comes to all things IT
- enjoy stimulating learning experiences that allow your creative side to shine
Why study Digital Skills, Media & Computing at Calderdale College
- Our new £1.7m DigiHub is brand new for 2018 and offers the best facilities of any college in the region. We have heavily invested in an ultra modern Mac suite and the very latest technical equipment, such as games design software, film and photography apparatus, motion capture and VR headsets, to allow you to keep up with the latest skills and technology
- You’ll be given exciting, challenging projects that are designed with specific job roles in mind, to give you motivating learning experiences that enhance your employability
- You will gain knowledge from industry-experienced staff who can show you how to excel with different software and technology
- You’ll benefit from our partnerships with local employers, giving you industry recognised skills and experience to thrive in this exciting sector
- Our track record is strong: 100% of our Level 3 Computing students progressed to Higher Education last year