City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & TestingCity and Guilds 2391
2391-50 Level 3 Award in Initial Verification
2391-51 Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection & Testing
2391-52 Level 3 Award in Inspection & testing
The 2391 has been revised to allow for all possible pathways required for industry such as:-
•completing apprentices and engineers who only need periodic (2391-51)
•domestic installers who only need Initial (2391-50)
•practicing electricians who want both disciplines periodic and initial (2391-52)
It is aimed at practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training before going onto other City & Guilds qualifications. The qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspection and periodic inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades
•These new versions are a direct replacement for 2394 and 2395 and continue to meet the industry CPD needs
•These new products are recognised by the JIB under the ECS card scheme
Teaching is based on lectures, written assignments and exercises.
Aimed at practicing electricians already working in the industry
Short telephone/e-mail assessment/interview for suitability
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
• One 40 item 80 minute open book multiple-choice test • Two practical assignment tasks to include:- • 2 hour inspection and test on main test rig • Short four item written questions
Are there any opportunities for progression?
City and Guilds 2396 Design, Erection and Verification course at Level 4
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (evening)
- Start Date: 23 January 2018
- Hours per week: 3 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Days: Tuesday
- Start Time: 6.00 pm
- End Time: 9.00 pm
- Duration: 10 Weeks
- Course Fees: £590 (FCR) Full Cost Recovery Courses do not attract any funding and therefore the full cost of the fees are payable by the student irrespective of their circumstances.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Construction & Technology
- Department Manager: Andrew Barnes
- Level: Level 3
- Qualification Name: City & Guilds 2391
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Course Contact: John Boardman (9718)
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: .
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).
For careers advice, please use our Careers Explorer.