- Online Distance Learning
- Start Date: throughout August, enquire to find out more
- Length: 11 hours; 3 hours study, 8 hours assessment completion and submission
[re]boot – Working Remotely
Within these uncertain times, remote working has become vital to enable businesses to continue to function and communicate effectively.
This on-line course will introduce participants to a broad range of remote working, skills tips and techniques, with an additional focus on personal wellbeing and work/life balance enabling them to develop working practices to increase their efficiency and maximise return on time invested for themselves and their employer.
Impact for employees
- Gain the digital skills and knowledge required to reduce the constraints faced with remote digital working
- Develop an understanding of how to effectively manage work/life balance when working remotely
- Achieve unit accreditation from ILM in working remotely, demonstrating a range of the key digital skills that are in high demand in today’s labour market
Impact for employers:
- Increased efficiency of individuals and teams that are working remotely
- Supporting employee wellbeing and motivation, when operating remotely
- Development of a workforce that harnesses the endless opportunities of digital remote working
Participants will be required to provide an outline of the advantages and disadvantages for both businesses and remote workers of operating remotely. They will extend this with an explanation of how a range of constraints on operating remotely impact on both the enterprise and the remote worker. Participants will then describe the principal features of how to maximise a range of opportunities for businesses by working remotely.
In addition to course content delivery, wrap around provision will be provided focusing on Mailchimp. This will enable remote workers to bring their audience data, marketing channels, and insights together so they can reach their goals more effectively. With Mailchimp, remote workers can promote their business across email, social, landing pages, postcards, and more.
Teaching & Learning Methods
Delivered by Leeds Trinity University and West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges on behalf of the LEP, the courses are available in construction, digital, manufacturing and engineering and creative industries. [re]boot courses are available to those living in Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield or York districts and are free of charge to all participants. This is part of the LEP Future Goals campaign.