Impress your friends and family this Pancake Day with our American Style Pancake recipe.
1 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of sofa
¼ tsp of salt
400ml whole milk
45g melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
Half a blood orange squeezed
- Add plain flour, caster sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a bowl and mix together
- Whisk 1 egg separately, then add 400ml whole milk to the beaten egg.
- Add 45g melted butter to your dry mixture
- Then slowly add the milk and egg mixture, whisking it in as you go.
- Once mixture is smooth, leave it to stand for 15 minutes to thicken up and for further bubbles to appear from the bicarbonate
- Add oil to a pan and wipe it around to cover the surface. If you have a non-stick pan you will only need a small amount of oil
- Use a mixing jug to pour circular pools of mixture into the pan.
- Flip once they start to bubble
- Remove from the pan and put on a plate
- Add blueberries to a pan, with a drop of water, a tablespoon of sugar and juice from a blood orange
- Add more sugar if necessary
- Once the blueberries begin to form a juice, remove from the pan and serve up with your pancakes
Serving suggestion: Pancakes, blueberry compote, plain yogurt, rhubarb and maple syrup.