CIPD Level 5 Certificate in Human Resource Practice
CIPD Level 5 Certificate in Human Resource Practic
The course is a combination of face to face and online learning
This course can be also be done as an apprenticeship if you are working in the sector
The CIPD L5 Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management provides an introduction to the strategic application of HR management practices in organisations, and explores the ways in which contemporary HRM aims to support and improve the performance of organisations though the management and development of its employees.
The units we covered are:
- Developing professional practice (an evaluation of what it means to be a contemporary HR professional; and a practical look at how to manage your own personal development)
- Business issues and the Contexts of Human Resources (an exploration of the global and political contexts in which organisations must operate, and how HR can support them in maintaining market position, and delivering strategy)
- Using Information in Human Resources (an introduction to the skills of business research)
- Managing and Coordinating the Human Resource Function (an exploration of the purpose of the HR function and the different ways I which HR can be delivered, and its contribution evaluated).
- Improving organisational performance (the theories associated with high performance working; the purpose and nature of performance management; the evidence supporting the link between HR practice and improved organisational performance)
- Employee Engagement (an exploration of the definitions and components of Employee Engagement; methods of measuring employee engagement; strategies for improving employee engagement)
This qualification is aimed at anyone ready to develop their understanding of the theory and research underpinning contemporary HR practice. It provides a good introduction to the skills associated with critically reviewing theory and research, in order to appraise and challenge your own understanding of the trends and practices associated with HR, and to support you in your ability to contribute to the development of policy, practice and strategy in your own organisation. To get the most from this qualification you need to already have a good grounding in HR practice, and be looking to move to the next stage in your career, when you might begin to become more involved in the development of strategy and practice in your current role, or next planned career move. This is a theoretical and discursive course, which does not aim to “teach” the practical skills of HR practice, but rather to challenge your thinking in terms of the nature of practice, and how it has evolved.
The delivery of the qualification includes the use of guided study through online media, class room delivery, workshops, observation, group and case study work, with an expectation of weekly private study.
Links to local HR network events, the CIPD student conference, visiting speakers and a visit to an employment tribunal are additional aspects of this course.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
There are no specific qualification entry requirements for this course.
If you are currently working as an HR Assistant, Officer or Business Partner or you are wanting to change your career to work in HR then this is the time to apply.