Painting & Decorating – Level 2
This is a practical and theory based course perfect for anyone wanting a career in this industry.
Entry Requirements: Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating or relevant skills & knowledge
The Painting and Decorating City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma will need you to complete specific units and topics. You will work towards the following units to make up the full qualification:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Preparing Surfaces for Decoration
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller to Complex Areas
- Applying Standard Papers to Walls and Ceilings
- Producing Specialist Finishes for Decorative Work
- Erecting and Dismantling Access Equipment and Working Platforms
- Creating and Applying Colour
Each unit will include an externally set assessment to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the unit.
If you have a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English, you will be in workshops and classes studying at a higher level to enhance your Maths and English skills. If you have a GCSE Grade D then you will study GCSE Maths and English with an expectation to achieve a Grade C or above.
If you have a lower grade, or no GCSE, you will study the most appropriate level of Functional Skills qualification.
On the 19+ programme you will work through a number of trade specific Painting and Decorating units only. Maths and English are not an integral part of your course.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
All applicants will be required to have successfully completed a Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating, or prove competence to the standards required for the Level 2 qualification, through an interview.
After applying, you will be invited to attend an Admissions Event and tour our facilities and have all of your questions answered by one of our experts.