Personal Development – Taking Control
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to support them to achieve their potential. Participants will develop their understanding of key theories of communication, motivation and emotional intelligence.
Participants will be able to identify the main networks and their features used in social media and why they would be used. Participants will also explore the risks and benefits of networking on social media for an organisation.
The following areas will be covered:
• Knowledge of the current social media networks that are commonly used for publishing, integrating, and sharing online
• Understanding of how social media is used by individuals, businesses, governments, and social groups
• Understanding of best practice for safe social networking
• Understanding the need for safety and security practices
Independent online learning with access to support from a course facilitator.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
To be eligible for free course, participants must:
• Be aged 18+
• Live in the Leeds City Region (LCR). LCR includes the districts of Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York.
• Be employed, self-employed or returning to work
• Not be undertaking an Apprenticeship
• Not in receipt of benefits