Spooktacular Halloween Cooking
- 200g sweet pastry
- 300g squash
- 2 eggs
- 60g/3oz brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ level teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 200ml/10fl oz double cream
- Prepare and line a loose-bottomed flan tin
- Bake the pastry case blind for 20 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin chunks on a baking tray, cover with foil and roast until tender.
- Press the cooked pumpkin in a conical strainer to extract any excess water.
- Mash to a puree
- Whisk the eggs
- Place the sugar, spices and the cream in a pan
- Bring to simmering point
- Pour over the eggs and whisk it again briefly.
- Add the pumpkin pureé
- Pour the filling into your pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes