QCF Level 5 in Leadership of Health and Social Care
This Level 5 qualification has several pathways. 3978-54 is the Residential Management Award, the replacement to the old (LMC). This is the award recognised by the Care Quality Commission for Registering Managers within a Residential Care Setting. 3978-55 is the Adult Management Award, the replacement to the old (LMC) this is again a recognised award for management of adults not in a residential setting. 3978-56 is the Adult Advance Practice Award, the replacement to the old NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care for senior care staff, support workers and team leaders / coordinators.
A mixture of taught sessions, individual tutorials and Observations in the workplace.
A Level 5 course aimed at learners who have a Management / Supervisory role in a health and social care setting. Previous NVQ or level 3 is a must for Management routes. (See above)
An interview will be organised with a specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
Does the course lead to a qualification?
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Adults and Children and Young people
How is the course assessed?
No formal tests. Written assignments, Reflective Accounts and observation assessments.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
Health & Social Care managerial roles Higher education programmes
The Advice & Guidance team provide impartial Student Advisors to give information about College Courses and provide initial guidance to help you decide which course is best for you . Financial advice and assistance if you need help with childcare, equipment, fees, or travel. Careers and Student Advisors to give you the necessary help and guidance you need when you are progressing on to further and higher education or employment.
During Your Study
To help you to succeed in your course of study we offer a range of services. For instance, you may have a learning difficulty and/or disability or other condition which significantly affects your daily life. If you would like to discuss your support needs, or for further information about the support available, please contact the study support team on 01422 357357 Ext 9347.Apply for this course
- Attendance: Part-time (day)
- Start Date: Various
- Hours per week: 7 hours per week
- Days: Friday (or tutor can arrange to meet in workplace)
- Start Time: 9.30 am
- End Time: 4.30 pm
- Duration: 2 years
- Course Fees: TBC In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a full time further education course will have their fees waived. Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
- Venue: Calderdale College
- Faculty: Partnerships, Performance & Employability
- Department Manager: Deborah Tims
- Level: QCF Level 5
- Qualification Name: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Adults
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Course Contact: Andrew Korkoza (9607)
- Email: Admissions@calderdale.ac.uk
- Text: .
ApplyApply for this course
You can also download a printable application form (PDF 209KB).