ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
This is a comprehensive course designed to give new or aspiring managers a solid foundation in their formal development.
Entry Requirements: Interview with specialist tutor
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management is a comprehensive course designed to give practicing or aspiring first line managers a solid foundation in their formal development as a manager. Each of the units studied focuses on a specific set of skills including:
- 326 Understanding the communication process in the workplace (2 credits)
- 322 Understanding the organisation and its context (2 credits)
- 313 Understanding stress management in the workplace (1 credit)
- 341 Leading and motivating a team effectively (2 credits)
- 404 Delegating authority in the workplace (3 credits)
- 230 Developing yourself as an effective team leader (3 credits)
What you can gain through completion of this programme:
- Consolidation of your management skills and experience
- Building knowledge of specialist business areas such as finance and marketing
- Developing the capabilities and personal awareness you need be a leader
- Accrediting your experience with a nationally recognised qualification
What your organisation or business can gain through this programme:
- Middle managers with an advanced understanding of their role and function in the organisation
- Managers who can assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
The delivery of the qualification includes teaching from University Centre staff through taught sessions, master classes, group and case study work with an expectation of weekly independent study.
Entry Requirements & Interview Process
No formal entry requirements, this course is for practicing or aspiring first line managers.